Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Quality control

Since when do we have to pay $49.99 for a lifetime warranty on a product (earrings) that really should be solidly constructed to begin with? Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think that when you buy earrings (for $5 or $5,000) and after just a couple months one of the small diamonds gets dislodged and lost, the "jeweler" should not inform you that it will take a $15 setting fee (even though the diamond itself was under warranty), plus the other loose diamonds in the earring need to be tightened and the warranty doesn't cover that. Maybe the original salesman should have pointed out that these were delicate earrings and should not have suggested that I sleep with them on. Maybe I could have waited for the other diamonds to fall out and then I could pay a $15 setting fee each time I lost one (though I'm pretty sure with the size of these cute diamond flecks, that $15 earns that store a profit).
 
Instead I calmly explained how frustrated I was by the entire purchase and ownership experience and would likely not purchase from this store again. That sent the jeweler running to the store manager, who agreed to exchange my earrings. Still, the jeweler strongly suggested that I purchase that $49.99 lifetime something warranty. And still I was frustrated by the experience.



posted by Laura at 8:01 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com