Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Parenting Olympics

When it comes to parenting, some days I feel like I've won the gold. Things go smoothly from wake up to bedtime. There I am, standing on the top of the podium listening to the national anthem with a tear slowly rolling down my cheek.

Some days, I'd say it's more of a silver or a bronze day. At the end of the day, I can look back on what we've accomplished and feel proud, even if things weren't exactly perfect.

Other days, like yesterday, I feel like I never made it past the qualifying round. A rash that lead to three potty accidents, a lost reading book from school (on just the fifth day of school), I can't make perfect braids in hair before school (or ever really), a collection of laundry, dirty dishes, small messes every place I look. Little (and no-so little) things that dull the shine on my collection of hard-won parenting medals.

At least today is another day, and I can try for the gold one more time.

posted by Laura at 6:46 AM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger The Infamous A:


Hey! I moved my blog over to http://innamorata.modblog.com/ because I'm tired of my ex reading up on my life... I want to be anonymous! :)


10:38 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com