Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Preparing for the New Year

Black-eyed peas? No.

Clean house? Yes.

The way I always hope to ring in the New Year is with a clean house, and therefore a clear mind. This superstition comes from my Nana, who at midnight every year would hold money (we're not just talking about $5 or $10, she would hit the bank to have at least $100 for her, and any loved ones who were with her) in her hand to ensure a prosperous new year. That tradition is carried on by me (as are the mini-weinies we eat every New Year's Eve), but it has transformed itself into a bigger belief of how you start the New Year can set the tone for the entire year. I always try to clear up the post-Christmas clutter and do some spring-cleaning in December.
So, for the last few days I have been bringing bags of garbage to the curb -- some of it good ol' American excess, some of it months of build up in the office, bedroom, etc. etc.

And while we're on the subject, I have simplified my resolution into this: Live healthy.

I wish you a happy and healthy (and prosperous) New Year.

posted by Laura at 3:51 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com