Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Sunday, April 24, 2005

I'm tired

Today, I am very tired.

I am tired of waking up on Sundays feeling stressed when I wonder how I will make it through the piles of laundry, the stacks of grading, and everything else that's required of me every Sunday. (I'm also tired of that stress creeping into Saturday nights.)

I am tired of feeling like it's my fault if the homework's not done, if there are dishes in the sink, if we go over budget this month, if we have to go out because I didn't have dinner on the table.

I am tired of feeling angry when I pick up shoes in the kitchen, clothes in the living room, beer bottles, cups or any other dishes anywhere in the house.

I am tired of feeling so resentful while I am cleaning or working while everyone else is playing.

I am tired of feeling underappreciated for the things that I do well.

I am tired of the responsibility that if I don't do it, it probably won't get done.

I am tired of feeling like it's my fault that I'm the one who has to get everything done.

I am tired of not having time for myself to exercise, to play, to just do nothing. I'm tired of feeling guilty when I do take time for myself.

I am tired of being the one to make the appointments, keep the appointments, pay for the appointments.

Today, I am very tired.

posted by Laura at 11:49 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


Speaking as a father of two, husband of one, university drone I can mention a couple of things that have worked (more or less) for us:

1. Most Saturday AMs are official "time to clean the house" periods where everyone (ages two and older anyway) has a job to do. The little guys have to help pick up their toys, dust, etc. The rule is that everyone makes the mess so everyone has to help clean it up.

2. Even young kids seem to understand chores. We give our four year old a small (very small!) allowance for making his bed every morning and he is thrilled.

3. The Montessori philosophy is start a project, work on a project, clean up your workspace. Three year olds get this. Spouses should learn this re: their beer bottles, etc.

4. Consider getting help. We haven't gotten this far yet but a lot of couples that I know where both people work hire people to come in once a week and clean, etc.

I have never solved the "time to workout" scenario however. I don't think I've actually stepped foot in a gym since we had children. So, let me know if you figure that one out.


7:11 AM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


just here to say hi and hope you feel better soon.


7:20 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com