Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, May 05, 2005

How to scare the crap out of me

Madi talks in her sleep a lot. She will talk in full, clear sentences. She will have conversations with the people in her dreams. So last night, while she was snuggled between me and Brent, it wasn't surprising to hear her say, "Mommy, there's bugs under the pillow."

I woke up enough to look around and realize she must be dreaming. As I was almost back in deep sleep, she says, "MOMMY! THERE'S SOMETHING ON YOUR SHIRT!"

Which startled me awake. I jumped up brushing off my shirt, because she sure had me convinced there was something on my shirt. And given the earlier comment about bugs, I was sure it was a bug!

Once the fog cleared a little and my heart stopped racing, I was looking around to see where the bug went (did I mention that I have a silly fear of creepy crawlies? did I also mention that it's so easy to give me the heebie jeebies? yeah, just mention bugs and other such critters and I get all oogggly). Madi was wide awake and was still sure that there were bugs in the bed. We had to look under all six pillows on the bed to prove otherwise. She then dragged her daddy around to every sleeping surface in the house (the couch, her sister's bed and then back to my bed) because everywhere she went she was sure there were bugs.

(In the midst of all this, I wondered had Madi dropped acid? Was she having a really bad trip? Maybe just a nasty flashback?)

Finally, everyone was asleep again. And this morning both Madi and Daddy were laughing at Mommy and how scared she got last night.

Hmph.

posted by Laura at 5:44 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com