April put up a good fight. What with:
- two academic conferences at which I was a chair for panels
- four fundraising events for a class I teach
- another fundraising breakfast for a group I started volunteering with, which brought:
- a committee meeting one morning at 8 a.m.
- oh, and then there was the fundraising luncheon that I attended for a woman/scholar I mentor
- two birthday parties for the sub-10 set
- two Brownie meetings
- countless student meetings (3 classes times 20+ students each)
- four soccer games that I made it to (plus a few that I missed)
- many soccer practices, plus soccer pictures
- a kindergarten registration
- one advisory board meeting
- one faculty meeting
- one research deadline
- one dentist appointment (yeah! no cavities, plus some teeth were sealed)
- one elementary school volunteer appreciation tea (plus the hours in the classroom that got me the invite in the first place)
- a few play dates
- one night of scrapbooking (I managed to find a little time for creativity)
But ultimately, I won. April is over and I can see the light at the end of spring semester.
Had I made this list in early April, I might have curled up in the corner waving my white flag. But looking at it now, maybe it's not such a big deal after all. But May looks friendlier already (Madison's 5th birthday is TUESDAY!) and after about the second week, my days are gloriously unbolded (for now).
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .