Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Signs?

Last week I made an appointment to get permanent eyeliner on my lower lids. I've been nervous about this. I figure if it goes well, it's the best thing that could happen to my morning makeup routine. No more messing with liquid eyeliner. It will likely shave 5 minutes or more off my a.m. routine, not to mention the frustration it will save.

But, face it, it's a tattoo, on my lower eyelid. That scares the crap out of me. I've seen tattoos (mine included) that have "blurred" as they age. I wonder if that means that after a few years my eyeliner will look permanently smudged. And what if it's thicker than I want? And, and, and.

So, I showed up for my appointment today, as nervous as you would expect a woman who's about to have a tattoo gun millimeters from her eyes. As I went to sign in, they said, "Oh, we have you down for the 2nd at this time." I've been telling everyone that I'm getting it done today. Had I written it down and just remembered it wrong? (I'm a pathological "doodler," I write down every detail of a conversation as I'm on the phone.) I raced home, feeling rather like an idiot, or worrying that I am totally losing my mind. And here's my note: "4:30 31st" with some details on the cost and the coupon I have.

So, since I was already nervous enough, I'm wondering: Should I take this as a sign and NOT get this done?

posted by Laura at 4:30 PM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


Yes, take this as a sign. "The procedure involves the use of a hand-held device that punctures the skin hundreds of times per minute with a very thin needle and pushes the pigment into the desired location."

This, quite honestly, cannot be a good thing.


12:10 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com