Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Continuing a theme

The midlife crisis theme started there. I will continue it here, sort of.

While driving home from Herbie today, we ran into a little rain. A man with an "interesting" hairline had to pull over to put the top up on his Lebaron. The girls just didn't appreciate it when I said, "Stinks getting caught in the rain with the top down on your midlife crisis."

Meanwhile, Herbie was a hoot. When it comes to seeing movies with my daughters, my standards are low. If I'm even mildly entertained, and not offended, I'm happy. But what brings me the greatest joy going to the movies with the girls is sitting between them and sneaking glances as their faces light up with joy. How I wish I could bring my camera in to capture that look on their faces (but somehow I think when they say no cell phones, pagers or laser pointers, it's probably implied: No flashes from cameras either!)

posted by Laura at 9:02 PM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


I can't wait to see that movie!!

I'm a sucker for all my girls stupid movies. I even survived the bad "olson twin" movies!!


9:54 AM 
Commented by Blogger bobo:


There is a bald gentleman at work who swears that he will never drive a convertible out of fear of exactly that, that folks will immediately tag him as "mid life crisis guy."

I never actually said I'm having a mid life crisis mind you -- I'm saving that card to be played later. I love my iPod but you can only play the "crisis" card once so I'm saving it up for a bike trip to Italy when I turn 50 (which still gives me just over a decade to actually get in shape).


8:00 PM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Now I didn't accuse anyone (except neighbor and convertible-driving guy) of having a midlife crisis ... but bobo, you are the one who got mid-life crisis stuck in my head!


8:54 PM 
Commented by Blogger Monkey:


I love love LOVE your new layout!!!!


9:12 PM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Thanks Anna! I love it too (I knew you'd be fond of it!). I have Kristine (randomandodd.blogspot.com) to thank for this!


9:16 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com