Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Enough already

I never knew the meaning of bittersweet until my daughters started growing up. This weekend two major milestones were met.

First, I was going through toys and the last of the Fisher Price Little People toys are in bags heading to Goodwill or ARC. They're bulky and dirty, and for reasons I can't explain I'm just not ready to let them go yet. (Good news, after the toys sat in the bag for half a day, Maxine came to me and said, "Mommy, we've been kinda playing with the Little People house again.")

Today, while we were taking advantage of the sales on dryers at Sears, the girls and I took advantage of the fact that Sears is in a mall. We hit Children's Place for some of their Monster Sale stuff. And then we walked by Claire's. We had been talking about getting Maxine's ears pierced for her 7th birthday. Well, her birthday is just three days away, so guess what we did? Oh it broke my heart to see that sweet face look at me and the Claire's employee and ask, "Does it hurt much?" And to see her virgin ears get pierced (I did make her promise me that this is IT, no more piercings after this!). The only reason we were able to do it today was because we had our camera with us, so the whole thing is documented.

She's so excited, I'm excited for her, but still I have this overwhelming feeling of sadness that can only be chalked up this: my little girl is growing up.

posted by Laura at 8:34 PM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


*hug*

I know...I know.


11:53 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com