Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Monday, June 06, 2005

Workplace hazards

Today I met a co-worker at a local beer/pizza joint. Yes, the emphasis at this place is the beer. Food is secondary. With one week to go before summer classes start, we met to talk about a class that we both teach -- I'm teaching it this summer. A brainstorming, fueled with Honey Brown Ale (for me) and black & tan (for him). It's moments like this, talking about work (which for us is the equivalent of actual work) while sipping a cold beer, that I realize how very cool my job is.

But, we chose to sit on the patio. And after we spent 3 hours chatting about classes and stuff (heavy on the stuff), we left. And now I have a sunburn. Apparently, I'm too busy getting my daughters covered in sunscreen in the mornings to remember to cover myself too.

Damn! And ouch.

posted by Laura at 9:31 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com