Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Darn the luck

When we were having some odd issues with our Passat, I got to know one service advisor at the dealership really well. Like me, he's from New York. Unlike many service advisors, he's honest and really looking out for the consumer, not the service department's bottom line. Once when we had some battery problems, he was ashamed to tell me how much it was going to cost to replace it there (something like $175) and sent me away with some advice: go somewhere else, but make sure they keep the charge on the car while they change it. Good advice, ended up spending about $75 instead.

Last time I took the VW in for an oil change, I asked where he was. Turns out he switched to a Nissan dealer ... turns out we have a Nissan too. I called today to schedule some recall work, an oil change and something that should fall under warranty. It's been a year since I've seen him, but he remembered me. Remembered the New York connection. Reminded me why I like him so much.

And then he broke my heart.

Turns out tomorrow is his last day at this gig. I won't even see him when I take it in for the work. He's moving to a Dodge dealership in town (given that he's a short-timer he spoke candidly about what's wrong there ... good stuff to know).

I wonder how much trade-in I could get for a Dodge.

posted by Laura at 11:57 AM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


I share your woes. When our car needs service it means a two hour drive to take it to a shop that we trust (kind of). I had one car where the service at the dealership was so bad (it was warranty work) that I just drove it to another dealership and traded it in rather than face another missed day of work because of them.

Cambridge, MA is only three hours away so maybe I'll drive to take it to the Car Talk guys garage! I love listening to them.


7:54 PM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


LOL. I love my dodge.


2:00 PM 
Commented by Blogger Quit Smoking:


Hi, I was looking around some blogger blogs for some ideas to start my own on ebooks and you have given me some great ideas. Good blog. I will check it out every week. Thanks


12:07 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com