Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Friday, July 08, 2005

Pet peeve

There is suffering right now in the world, and my heart breaks for London. My heart breaks for all of us who now live in a world where "terror" has become an everyday concept. I'm sorry that my daughters (and your children) will grow up in a world where people blow themselves up in order to hurt others. That they won't know the time before color-coded terror alerts. I would do anything to protect my children, your children. But I will never understand a hate that strong.

Having said that, I can't let another day pass without saying something about the woman at the pool who chews her gum so loudly, with her mouth so blatantly open. Yesterday she plopped her pool chair right down next to me. After a friendly exchange about the clocks at the pool, she kicked back to read her book. And then it started. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP with her mouth wide open. I had to turn to look, perhaps she had headphones on and just didn't realize she was chewing her gum like a cow. Nope. She just continued to chomp away for the next 35 minutes. I did my best to ignore it, but noisy gum chewing much like ice crunching is something I just cant' get passed.

Today, thankfully, someone else sat next to me. Gum chewer was two seats over. I snuck a peek and sure enough, she was working another piece with mouth wide open.

Oh, how I hate mouth noises.

posted by Laura at 3:02 PM |

0 Comments:

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com