Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Six Feet Under

Spoiler alert. If you watch the show and don't know what happened, don't read this!


So I read that they killed off Nate on SFU. Made me super glad I'm not watching that show anymore. (And oh how I loved that show before.) I stopped watching this season after we cancelled our HBO (it was our attempt to get our cable bill - which includes Internet - under $100 again). I was bummed to miss this, the last season. But last season wasn't as good as previous seasons and I just couldn't justify the cost for that. I almost never watch movies on HBO, just their shows ... and yes I'll be back next year when they finally get around to showing more Sopranos. After that, I believe my relationship with HBO will be over for good.

Anyway, back to SFU. Given that it's a show about a family that runs a funeral home, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise. They almost offed him once before. But as a TV viewer, it's disappointing to me. I like happy endings. Granted, this was a dark show and "happy ending" doesn't have to be everyone living happily ever after, but just living would be a good idea. I also heard he leaves behind a pregnant wife. So that means his kid with Lisa is left with no biological parents and his second kid will have one. (Yes, I know they're all pretend, not real. But still.)

This one's up there with Roseanne waking up at the end of her last season to find the entire season was just a dream (just discovered that one on Nick at Night, somehow I missed that during its original airing). It's just not fulfilling for viewers. Sure, the writers/originators must stay true to their artistic hearts -- but don't they have some sort of obligation to the viewers that keep them in business?

posted by Laura at 11:47 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


Shaun is watching this episode of SFU as I type!!

I am so temped to just yell it out.


11:56 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Oh that would be so cruel!

And what an random and odd coincidence, eh?


12:07 PM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


you should have heard him:
"No way...no fucking way!"

I said, "Nate died huh?"

he said, "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?"

LOL.


11:07 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


That's too funny! Glad I could help you freak him out a little ... let me know if I can help again! :-)


11:22 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com