Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Friday, August 05, 2005

This doesn't add up

Before I left last Friday to run away to rub elbows with the rich and famous (incidentally, we saw PLENTY of rich, but only people who looked like other famous people), I was mostly caught up on laundry. On Thursday night, I asked sweetly, "Would you do a load of laundry while I'm gone?" (Nevermind that the load must have been put in at about 6 p.m. on Sunday, and sat in the washer until 8 a.m. Tuesday when I had to run it through again.)

Today, I'm up to my elbows in wash. I'd say I'm about five or six loads into it today and behind me there are 10 pairs of my husband's underwear folded on the bed. By my best homemaker math, at most there should be 8 pairs there. One pair a day from last Friday through yesterday, plus one or two that might have not gotten done before I left. What must be every single beach towel we own is also piled up behind me. Swim lessons ended last Friday, so again, there should be 4 or 5 there at most.

Where is all this dirty laundry coming from?!

posted by Laura at 2:35 PM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


Hmm, I know why my two year old goes through a couple of pairs of underwear once in a while... but hopefully your husband has better, um, control.

I've given up trying to figure out things like this. I've learned to accept the fact that no matter what my kids want to wear (e.g. their Thomas the Tank Engine t-shirts) they will be in the wash 100% of the time regardless of how many loads have been done in the past couple of days.


8:07 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com