Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yawn.

If I look a little tired today it's because my phone rang at 3:15 a.m. last night/this morning. I don't know about you, but when my phone rings anytime after 11 p.m. and before 7 a.m. I jump to the natural conclusion that someone has died. Our phone rang because my brother-in-law left his cell phone at a Denny's. The major brains at Denny's decided to call a number in his cell phone at 3:15 a.m. to alert someone to the misplaced cell phone. Just because they are experiencing a living hell where they have to serve drunk people all night long is no reason to take it out on us, is it?

posted by Laura at 7:29 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


I grew up with a strict rule: No phone calls in or out after 9PM. 8:30 was officially "pushing it" but after nine was reserved for war, pestilence or warnings of approaching tidal waves.


11:38 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Sounds like a good rule to me. I said calls after 11 p.m. because I know now that I'm a mommy, I'll speak to other mommies in that magic hour between 9 and 10 when the kids are asleep and we're not. If the phone rings after 10 p.m. my heart jumps a little, after 11 p.m. and the heart is racing and I'm sure it's doom and gloom.


11:45 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com