Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Buzz killer

So there I was. Some of my favorite CDs on random and loud (I do believe a favorite Lyle Lovett song was playing at the moment). A breakfast burrito (or in my case the burrito that will keep me full until dinnertime) in my hand. I couldn't help but giggle at the car next to me: EVERY single magnetic ribbon ever made adorned the side. If you saw the guy driving the car, you too would have thought they were placed with irony rather than sincerity.

For someone who was on her way to work, it was a rather blissful moment at a red light.

The car in front of me inched forward. I too moved forward a bit. That's when the car behind me squeezed by (I was in the left lane, to the left of which is a turn lane, because of where I was sitting no one could get by), blaring on his horn and giving me the finger. Seriously, is this a fingerable offense? It's not like there was one or two car lengths in front of me, there was the amount of space my Daddy always taught me to leave - enough to be able to get out in case of trouble. When I passed angry dude as he waited for the light, he was reaching across and rolling down his window to apparently yell and scream and finger me some more. Asshole.

Here's my theory. Since it was the stroke of 8 a.m. I think asshole was late for work and had to take it out on someone. Just think, asshole might have a wife and kids at home. Lucky them.

posted by Laura at 9:02 AM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


hee hee.

What a jerk...but glad you're not all icky about it.

I always get freaked out when someone does it to me.


9:34 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


I got a little freaked out about it. I made sure to look over my shoulder and see that he wasn't following me. When I got to my office I immediately told someone about it, then I blogged and then I started feeling better. It's so lame how an interaction with a total idiot like that can still put a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach.


12:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger bobo:


There was a parade in our town on Saturday for an "Our Town" kind of celebration. You know, Brownies marching by, fire trucks, little kids on bikes carrying banners, etc. All very cute.

To make this possible they had people block off Main Street and tell drivers, "You're going to have to go around, or wait about 10 minutes until the parade goes by." You would absolutely NOT BELIEVE how many people went thermonuclear and either screamed, or worse, threw their trucks in reverse without even looking.

Here is what makes matters worse, the street really only goes one place: the dump. Is it EVER worth driving over someone because you're going to be 10 minutes late for the DUMP? I mean, I love the guys there too, but come on!


6:58 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Bobo, don't tell me these things. You'll erase the image in my head of this idyllic little sweet town where everyone puts their grills in the front yard and tosses on fabulous, locally produced food while the kids scamper about. Say it isn't so!


11:22 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com