Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Unbelievably proud

The girls' school is raising money for hurricane relief. They asked that each child bring $1, which would make the school's contribution over $500. Yesterday when we were talking about it, Maxine said, "I want to give $5. And I want to use my OWN money."

She's been saving her money for about a year now. She's enjoying thinking of the things she might be saving for, but she's not yet set a goal on the amount or exactly what she might want.

When she said she wants to use her own money for this, I was proud. And I was tickled when she said, "FINALLY, I get to spend some of my money."

I offered to match her $5 with five of my own. She declined. But I'm wondering, how do you reward behavior like this? Take her out for ice cream? Or do I just acknowledge it and let her realize the real reward is knowing that somehow she made a difference?

posted by Laura at 6:20 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


Definitely get her the ice cream! May I suggest some Ben & Jerry's?


2:50 PM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


I'm so proud of her. Alyx did the same thing. It was only a dollar, but she was proud of herself.


9:27 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com