Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, September 15, 2005

The young face of addiction

We met some family members last weekend - cousins and second cousins and cousins once removed. That in itself is a long story, and I might share it once I figure it out myself.

The cousin had a 2-month-old baby girl. A-dor-able. They were talking about photos and Web sites and, you know, the tools of the technology enabled parents of today's generation. When Maxine chimes in. "Have you heard of Flickr?" a little flicker in her own eyes. She was thrilled that they hadn't because she got to tell them about the wonder of Flickr.

To me, she made sense. But I'm afraid she lost these other tech-savvy parents. "Oh! You get to put your photos on the Internet. And you get to look at groups and they have tags, so you can look at kittens and puppies and babies. And you can leave comments like 'I like your puppy.'" She went on for a good few minutes before the new mom made her escape.

Is it wrong to be so proud of my daughter's addiction?

posted by Laura at 11:14 PM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


OH god I love your daughter!

Kara asked someone the other day, "Do you Flickr?"

LOL


9:04 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Very nice site!
»


2:09 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com