Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Stuff

A bunch of random thoughts just to prove to you dear blog that I've been thinking about you.

Out of context: Leaving campus, girl and guy sitting in study-area window seat facing each other in deep conversation. She says, "Crazy Pagans ... hahahahaha". I sure wish I knew what the rest of that conversation was about. (Reminds me of the punchline to a former favorite joke: Silly rabbi, kicks are for trids.)

Overdone: What's with all the spam commenters lately? It's so darned disappointing to get that email that someone has commented on my blog only to find spam about their (horseracing, wendy's restaurant, fill in the blank) blog. Dear spammers, I haven't been writing enough to entertain my normal cadre of three readers lately, you're wasting your precious efforts on this place.

Snuggly: Right now is the time of the semester where I begin to question my logic of career choice. With writing assignments piled up to my ears, I crumble under the pressure of keeping up with the workload. I look at stay-at-home moms and turn green with envy. I want to be them, not me. I don't want to go teach, I don't want to read any more papers. I want to have a clean house. I want to relax. But if I must work, I know I've got the greatest job in the world. I really do enjoy my students and yesterday when it was snowy and cold and awful outside, I made hot chocolate from scratch and curled up with the girls under a blanket on the couch at 3:30 in the afternoon. While they warmed up and relaxed with some Disney Channel, I graded papers. How many jobs can you do while snuggled with your babies? And it's mid-term, so I've made it halfway through, only 8 more weeks to go.

Names: Recently came across a boy named Dakota, I've sinced blocked the names of his siblings, but I can't help but thinking it was Mississippi and Philadelphia because all three kids had geographic names. Some folks down the block have about 10 people living under their roof and every one of them starts with the letter J. I just love to figure out the patterns/connections people make in naming their children. Former neighbors had three girls and a boy. Mom's name ended with an a, all three girls ended with a's also. Dad started with Br, and so did the son.

Enough about all that. There's a pillow calling my name right now.

posted by Laura at 9:31 PM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger bobo:


I recently met a very nice young boy named X. When I met his folks I had the hardest time restraining myself from asking, "So, what's the deal?" but I'm sure they get that all the time.


7:24 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


X? If you name your child X you are begging for a constant, steady stream of "WTF?!?" IMHO.


6:50 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com