Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Blown away part 2

We got to school this morning after passing trees snapped in half and many fences blown down by these winds (according to my Weatherbug we've had gusts up to 61 mph). I opened the car door and Madi nearly panicked. She covered her ears and with that I lost my ability to rationalize with her. She just cried, "I don't want to go to school today." She's making great strides though, because once I got her seatbelt undone she got out and marched up to the school. She felt better when I told her we would go directly in rather than wait outside the classroom.

I'm heading out now to an appointment, but I'm taking my camera to see if I can document any of the wind's destruction!

posted by Laura at 8:38 AM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


yeah, you haven't been posting any pictures lately.

You're in trouble missy!


10:17 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Parents' Action for Children (a nonprofit founded by actor/director Rob Reiner) just launched "Stir It Up," a national parents' campaign to get junk foods out of our schools. Parents across the country are taking action. See www.stiritupamerica.com for more info.


1:04 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com