Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I-D-I-O-T

Lean in for a sec. Look really, really close? Notice something (other than my third post in a single day)? Yes, it must be the word "IDIOT" or perhaps "GULLIBLE" printed across my forehead. I've had a couple weeks where I think my easy-going attitude with my students has lead to some taking complete advantage of me.

So, meet the new me:
Your ________ (fill in the blank) died? Bring me the death certificate.
Got in a car wreck? Where's the police report? Sick?
Better be able to afford to see a doctor, cause I need a doctor's note.

It's really too bad that a few can make me doubt the rest. And I'm so pissed right now I think I could SCREAM!

(Gosh, I almost feel better now.)

posted by Laura at 4:28 PM |

1 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Hiya:


I don't blame you on that but I've had teachers/professors that thought I was faking it twice. The first time I was 16, had pneumonia, lost eight pounds when I was already a waif and almost ended up in the hospital. Second time I was 20, had mononucleosis and my Organic Chem instructor told me that she couldn't just let everyone who had problems have extra time (or whatever I was asking for) or she'd get run over. Maybe (okay, probably), but I was so sick my mom came 2,000 miles out to be with me, stayed at my on-campus apartment and carried my bags for me as I stumbled blindly to classes with a fever. It took me a year to recover from that and two to recover from what my illness did to my college schedule. I think you are absolutely right to be skeptical, but some folks do have trouble. You sound like you care enough to discern the difference.


10:40 PM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com