Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States

    35-year-old mother of two, wife of one, instructor at a university and free-lance writer, editor, researcher. I promise, I'm more fascinating than this "about me" and my favorites.

Previous Posts Blogs That I Read
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from laura e. Make your own badge here.

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Saturday, December 10, 2005

You gotta believe

Marketing rule #1: Create demand. For example, when selling a relatively popular doll on eBay around the holidays use terminology like, "SOLD OUT IN STORES!!"

Now it seemed like a legit claim because I went to a couple online shops and sure 'nuf, they were out of stock. Thus my concern started to grow at 1 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

But today I braved a pre-Saturday crowd at Toys R Us. Walking in the door what should I see, but one lone Hide N Seek Haley doll on the front hodgepodge shelf. I grabbed that baby and jumped up and down (she's just $29.99 - for a grand savings of $22 from the cheapest eBay option!). I was a little worried because her "try me" button was not working. But I figured Santa was coming through and she could be a placeholder - we'd exchange her after the holidays.

After finding no less than three options of standing horses 2-3 feet tall, we decided to walk around the store a bit more. (Seriously, all the things I came to the store to find were within 20 feet of the door, how often does that happen?) Walking around I stumbled upon an entire display of Haleys, with blonde and brown hair. And their Try-It buttons worked! (For just a moment, I thought to myself, "Hmmm, there's about 20 dolls here, with a profit of $22 each, I could pay for Christmas with a little investment.")

Just goes to show you, if you believe in Santa then he is real.

posted by Laura at 7:17 PM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kt:


Oh yes, Santa is most definitely real. I'm maintaining that line to increase my chances of getting the lense and filters I want for Christmas. If he doesn't come through, all bets are off.


5:40 AM 
Commented by Blogger Kt:


BTW, I hope you bought a brunette...?


5:41 AM 
Commented by Blogger Laura:


Sorry Kt, against my better judgment, we got the blonde. Madi often asks why her hair is yellow and mine isn't. :-/


6:31 AM 

Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | designed by mela
art by kristine & tackarama.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com